The application process for the
Comicdom Con Athens 2019 Artists Alley
has been completed.
If you are interested in reserving a spot at the Comicdom Con Athens 2020 Artists Alley, this is the procedure you have to follow. It should be noted that everything below refers only to artists/creators and not publishing houses.
- You need to fill out the form at the end of this post, with all the necessary information, before February 2nd, 2020. It is of absolutely no importance how early you turn in your application.
- You must wait until February 10th 2020, for the announcement of the final list of selected applicants.
- If you are among the selected artists, you must appear at Comicdom Con Athens 2020, which will take place on April 10-12.
The application and participation rules are as follows:
- You must be a comics creator and have your work published by a legitimate publishing house (in Greece or abroad).
- Once again, the venue is for comics creators only.
- If selected, you will be provided with your own personal table (dimensions 1.5m x 0.7m), or half table (dimensions 0.75m x 0.70m). Dimensions may vary slightly but the table length will under no circumstances be smaller than 1.5m or 0.75m depending on whether you selected a whole or half table. Having a banner or stand behind your table is allowed, provided it doesn’t infringe on the other exhibitors’ space.
How do I apply
How do I apply
- Fill out the form at the end of this page, following the guidelines therein.
- Each application corresponds to one spot, meaning a whole table or half table.
- It is necessary that the person submitting the application is the one who will occupy the table, as the spot will be reserved for the applicant only.
- You are wholly responsible for conducting all your sales transactions abiding by the current Greek laws and legislature.
- You can ONLY sell items on which you have some sort of creative input (writer, artist, etc.). If you are spotted selling any other publications/items, you will be asked to remove them and it may effect your chance of participating in the Artists Alley in the future.
- If you wish to sell any comics by a publisher that has its own booth at Comicdom Con Athens 2020, then you must have explicit permission by said publisher.
- The final deadline to submit your application is Sunday, February 2nd 2020.
- The selected applicants will be announced on Monday, February 10 2020.
- The cost to participate in the Artists Alley is 100 euros for a whole table or 60 euros for a half table.
- You need to pre-pay for your spot within a week after the announcement of the selected applicants, which is Monday, February 17 2020.
- Payment must be made through bank transfer or PayPal.
- You can cancel your participation and get a refund up to March 17 2020. If you cancel after that date, there will be NO REFUND.
Self-evident but very important
- You must create comics.
- You need to have total respect of your space and of that of your fellow exhibitors.
- You are allowed to exhibit your wares only on your table. Not on nearby chairs, on the floor, or in makeshift stands outside the table.
- The participating creators in the Comicdom Con Athens 2020 Artists Alley will have their own dedicated section in the festival’s website, as well as the print catalog which is distributed free of charge to the event’s visitors.
If you are selected, here’s what you need to do
- Deposit the participation cost at the Comicdom Press bank account (COMICDOM PRESS | ALPHA BANK | ACC. #: 123 00 2002 006843 | IBAN: GR92 0140 1230 1230 0200 2006 843, BIC CODE: CRBAGRAA), putting your full name in the deposit under “reason”, or pay through PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send an email to email@example.com with:
- Your name as you wish it to appear in every mention of your participation.
- One square photo of yourself (avatar), in high resolution.
- A short bio of approximately 150 to 200 words.
- An indicative image of your work for web use (landscape format, at least 900 pixels wide).
- A personal link you wish to feature in your page at the website.
- If you wish to use a photo, image, bio, or link that you used in a previous participation at the Artists Alley, you can simply state that and don’t necessarily need to send something new.
During Comicdom Con Athens the following procedure will take place:
- After you arrive at the event venue (Hellenic American Union building, 3rd floor), you need to seek out Alexandra Kalesopoulou and give her your name to make sure that a spot is definitely reserved for you. For that to happen you need to have:
- been selected
- paid promptly
- If the venue coordinator does not indicate your specific spot, you cannot simply occupy a table at random. The participating artists’ spots are predetermined and specific.
- You must be at the event venue on Friday, April 10th after 11 a.m. (not before), to secure your reserved spot.
If all the above find you in agreement, then you can fill out the following application form to claim a spot at the Artists Alley. For all questions and queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.