GDPR is the new General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), which applies from May 25. In comicdom-con.gr we take the confidentiality of your data seriously. We realize that by giving your personal details to us you’re trusting us with your information. We have created this policy to provide you with access and transparent and clear information about what information we collect from you, why we collect this information how we use it. We must also ensure that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data.
1. What information we collect:
We collect, receive, store and process in general the following information about you:
- information you provide through our website, including information you provide when you create a website account (eg. name, surname, phone number, e-mail),
- information about your computer, your visits to and use of the website, such as your IP address, date and time of your visit to the website, web browser type and operating system, referring source which sent you to the website, duration of your visit, pages you have viewed and the course of your navigation of the website.
- information about any other transaction you make through the website (including name, address, phone number, e-mail address, card details and your transaction history).
- information included in or relating to any kind of communication between you and us, either directly or through our website (including the content of such communication and the metadata relating to it),
- information we obtain from private social media companies(see below), including companies outside the European Union, in relation to your interests and preferences,
- information as that described in detail below, under “Cookies and similar technologies”.
2. How we use the information we collect:
We process your personal data in order to conclude orders and maintain contact with you, inform you about our news, events and offers and to improve our services. We collect the personal data you provide to us either at our location or through our website. In particular, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to receive, process and deliver orders,
- to manage our website,
- to manage and run contests or offers,
- to address any of your questions or requests for additional information and contact you about the website.
- to provide information you have expressly requested or have been asked by us whether you wanted to receive,
- to occasionally inform you about various actions we think you might be interested in by e-mail / telephone / text message (SMS) following your consent (see in detail below under 4. Information on NEWSLETTERS)
- for internal research and statistical analysis, to identify how our website is used and understand how we can improve it,
- to address questions and complaints filed by you or in relation to you pertaining to us and our Website,
- to maintain security of the Website and our systems and prevent frauds,
- to comply with legal requirements, regulatory authorities and compliance regulations (where applicable),
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims (where applicable),
- to monitor and analyse the use of each account in order to prevent, investigate and/or report security breaches or a crime,
- to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website, the computers and the devices installed at our premises,
- to protect the rights, the property and security of our company, our customers or any other third party,
- to understand your interests and preferences to be able to adjust content, offers and other actions advertised on our website in a way that better responds to your interests and preferences (-see also the section titled “Cookies”).
- to understand and identify the characteristics of our users so as to have a wider picture and target our advertisements more accurately (eg. to address similar audiences in social media).
We may correlate information we collect about you through transactions, off-line interaction or our e-mail and text communication with your stored user profile information. In this way, we will be able to adjust our future communication and communication channels so that they respond better to your interests and preferences and to provide you a better user experience.
3. How we disclose your data:
We disclose or transfer personal information to the following other parties:
- third-party service providers who carry out work on our behalf in relation to the website and the purposes described in this Policy (for example, website hosting, social media analysis service providers, e-mail marketing service providers, data analysts, website designers),
- multimedia companies and their advertising partners, in order to carry out targeted marketing actions,
- the courier service provider during processing and delivery of your order,
- if we must make public or disclose your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations or in the scope of the exercise and application of our terms and conditions or other agreements pertaining to the protection of the rights, the property and security of the business, our clients or any third party,
- governmental authorities or other third parties when required by government or law enforcement authorities or, otherwise, when so permitted or required by law, including, among others, our response to court judgments and witness summons. We also disclose user information when we believe in good faith that someone harms or intervenes in our rights or property, the rights or property of other users of our website or any other third party who could be harmed by these actions. We also cooperate in investigations of law enforcement authorities or other third parties who enforce the law, intellectual property and other rights.
4. Data retention period
We collect, store and generally process personal data for the period during which you are in a contractual relationship with us. If this is for any reason terminated, we will retain the data for as long as it is necessary until the period required by law or the limitation period of any relevant claims and tax obligations expires. As regards personal information used to send newsletters, we will retain them for as long as you have authorized us. When your authorization no longer exists (eg. in case you unsubscribe from the newsletter or you withdraw your consent) or if the data we keep are no longer valid (eg. the e-mail address we have is invalid), we will erase the personal information kept in our database.
5. Information on sending NEWSLETTERS
In line with Data Protection rules, we must have your explicit consent in order to keep your details for the purpose of communicating with you in various ways and means (e-mail, phone call etc). This consent must be given after you have been informed about our data protection policy and your rights according to the GDPR. In particular:
GDPR is the new General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) which applies from May 25. In comicdom-con.gr, 11 Zakinthou street, Athens, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. +30 695 515 2524, we take the confidentiality of your data seriously and we realize that by providing us your personal details you’re trusting us with your information. For this reason, comicdom-con.gr, as a Data Controller, requests your consent to send you information material (newsletters) at your e-mail address.
Your e-mail address will be used only by us and it will not be disclosed to third-parties, even if the newsletters concern third-party products and/or services.
6. Your Rights according to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679):
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (ΕU 679/2016) you have the following rights:
- You have the right to know which of your personal data we retain and process, their origin, the purposes of the processing as well as the retention period (right of access).
- You have the right to request rectification of inaccurate or outdated data or completion of incomplete data for the data to be complete and accurate (right of rectification).
- You have the right to refuse and/or object to any further processing, to restrict use of your data in the event where their accuracy is contested (right to object).
- You have the right to request restriction of processing of your data (right of restriction).
- You have the right to request erasure of your data from our records to the extent that their processing is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected (right to be forgotten).
- You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided in a structured, commonly used format (right of portability).
- You have the right to at any time withdraw, free of charge, your consent to us to process your personal data. This applies to cases in which data processing is carried out upon consent (eg. I consent to receive newsletters) and not, for example, based on a services contract or required by law (eg. Processing of an order, issuance of an invoice).
- Transfers: If your data is processed by service providers located in countries deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the decision of the European Commission regarding protection your personal information. With respect to transfers to service providers outside the EEA, we rely on the Privacy Shield certification of a service provider or the corporate rules in place by that provider (and approved by the EU data protection authority) to protect your personal information. You have the right to request from us a copy of the standard contractual terms or the other methods used (by contacting us as described below).
- In any case, you have the right to file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, either in writing (1-3 Kifissias street, Postal Code 115-23) or via their website (www.dpa.gr).
The exercise of the rights under 1-6 requires submission of a written request, free of charge, via e-mail at email@example.com, for the attention of Dimitris Sakaridis.
We will take reasonable measures to verify your identity when handling a request to protect your privacy and security.
We will respond to your request to exercise your rights within 30 days from filing, apart from exceptional circumstances where the time-limit may be extended to 60 additional days if it is deemed necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request and/or the number of requests. In any case, we will promptly inform you about any extension of the time-limit or the reasons which may impede the exercise of your rights.
The details submitted during user registration should be full and accurate and must include the following: full name, address, phone number and current e-mail address.
7. Security measures
The security of your data is paramount to us. To achieve this, we apply all appropriate technical and organisational measures for the purposes of processing and we regularly check the efficiency of these measures.However, please take into account that, although we take all reasonable steps to protect your data, no website, internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is totally secure.
8. Cookies and related technologies
What Cookies are
Cookies are small information units sent by a web server to a web browser. They allow the server to uniquely recognize a web browser at each web page. Cookies do not harm the user’s computer system and they do not affect its performance. Cookies make web navigation easier for a user by storing the user’s preferences.
How Cookies are used
Τhe types of Cookies we use in our Website and the purposes for which we use them are described below.
Absolutely necessary cookies
Absolutely necessary cookies are essential to the proper operation of the website. They allow you to browse and use the functions of the website, such as having access to secure website areas. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you. Without these cookies, you cannot provide you with any services that you might wish to use in the Website.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, such as pages visited more often and error messages, if any, received on a page. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information used in an optimization perspective of the operation of the website. They are exclusively used to improve the performance of a web page.
Using data from these cookies we are able to test new web pages and ensure the website’s consistent structure and content during your visit.
Specifically about Google Analytics
You can find more information about the terms and conditions of use and privacy using the following link: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that the Google Analytics Code on this website is supplemented by “anonymiseIp” to ensure an anonymised collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, personalized features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes the user has made to text size, fonts and other customizable parts of web pages. They can also be used to provide services requested by the user such as watching a video, using social media (eg. commenting) or enable the function of an optional service, such as a live chat. The information collected by these cookies can be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity in other websites. If you don’t accept these cookies, the performance and functionality of the website may be affected and your access to the content may be limited.
Targeting / advertising Cookies
Τhese cookies are used to serve content (advertisements) more relevant to you and your interests. They can also be used to display targeted advertising / offers, limit the number of times you see an advertisement or measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed in web pages by advertising networks with a website operator’s permission. Consequently, these cookies can be used to record the websites you have visited in order to determine which marketing e-channels are more effective and they allow us to reward external web pages and associates who sent you to us. Most of the times, targeting or advertising cookies are related to the functionality of the website which is provided by the other entity.
Social Media Cookies
Traffic control programs are used in comicdom-con.gr to detect technical issues which may appear when browsing the site. We use the information we collect through these programs to correct technical errors and issues and constantly improve the services offered through the site in order to better address the user’s individual needs.
Pixel tags / Beacons
Pixel tags / Beacons, known as transparent GIF images or “web beacons”, are invisible tags placed at specific pages of our Website without being stored on your computer. When you visit those pages, pixel tags generally notify us of the visit. They usually work in combination with cookies, recording when a specific web page is visited from a specific device. If you disable cookies, the pixel tag will merely detect an anonymous website visit.
Tracking URLs are used to understand from what referring website our website is used.
We request your consent to use these Cookies. You can give your consent by either closing the cookie notification box in the homepage of our Website or by browsing the Website outside the notification box and clicking on any other element of the Website. Please note that we record your consent by using a technical Cookie. If you delete any Cookies stored on devices, the Cookie notification Box will appear again.
For more information about Cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or see the website www.youronlinechoices.eu, which contains additional information about behavioral advertising and internet privacy.
9. Questions and contact:
If you have any questions about this policy or the protection and security of your data in general, please contact us.
Compliance with GDPR is a continuous and dynamic process. Our company is committed to take all steps in order to be always updated and in line with the regulation.